Thursday, December 3, 2009



My husband doesn't blog. He's more of a phone, email, and texting kind of guy. He's on the road this week and sent me an email yesterday stating that "if he had a blog here is what my entry would be for Wednesday, December 2, 2009".

It stirred something wonderful in my soul.

"Today was a good day. I thought about this as I was flying at 35,000 ft over the southern part of the USA, the greatest country in the world.

As dusk turned into night, a full moon came up from the clouds on the right side of the plane and the sun was setting on the left. I am sitting comfortably in an upgraded first class seat (compliments of United Air Lines), drinking my favorite cocktail, Tangueray and Tonic, listening to my boys, Wayman, Jonathon, Kirk, Stevie and others on my most excellent Ipod which was one of those perfect gifts from my beautiful wife Janet.

My day was good and here is why:

My wife had a great day of building her business of which I am very happy and proud. My daughter was accepted into a university and I feel that I had a major impact on a large order for my business. For all of the above I am thankful but most of all, I think of how fortunate I am to have the family base that I have. For the first time in my life, I know I have a foundation I can count on. That is you Janet – I love you very much! I am blessed."

Darin JerdeAerospace/Industrial Business Leader - Sweeney

I'm thrilled that he feels this way because I know I do too. I'm proud of him and all that he does for our family, his work, our church and community. Darin has a good soul. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment