Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm baaaaack, by Janet

It’s been some time since I have written on our blog. Sorry Jill. Thanks for picking up the slack while I took a “break” from writing. I was feeling like a hypocrite by writing on our blog about “how to stay positive when looking for work, when I was starting not to feel that way”. Looking for work had taken its toll on me. My pride (ego) was hurt because the companies and hiring managers I was sending my resume weren't biting. I thought I’d have my footing down on this process when really I was slipping down a flight of stairs (ouch). I needed a break.

So I took one.

I took a vacation. Ten days with my husband. We saw family, friends, and went back to the place where he proposed to me two years ago (love that).

I hung out with my stepdaughters. They are on summer break and I kept telling them “I had to work” when all they wanted me to do was go to our neighborhood pool. Hello, I’m unemployed, I don't have to work in the fashion I did almost 4 months ago. So I did my “work” in the morning while they were sleeping in (oh the joy of youth) and then when they were up we were out (guilt free).

I lost myself in books, lots of them. I talked to my mom and we discussed some of the classics (and books she particularly loved) that I should read. My list is about 60 (for now but it’s growing). One fun afternoon I went to used book stores (recycle where you can people) with Jill and found some of the books on my list. I challenged myself to read every day and I did (loving this challenge).

At the end of this so-called break, I started writing again. This time it's my book. I believe this is one of the reasons why I’m suppose to be unemployed and seeking work. My next job just may not be what I defined as "work" prior to March 27, 2009. This time I may just follow my passion and take this time to allow me to get my book, that has been in my head for years, finally getting on paper. I’m about 35% complete. I’ve been sharing it with Darin as I finish key parts, but will put it up to the real critics soon (Jill).

I’m sorry I’ve not been active on our blog. But I’m glad I took the break. I’m back and full of energy to continue the job search and whatever else comes my way.

I hope you are all well.

No comments:

Post a Comment