Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Find a Hobby, by Janet

I love a good “arts and craft” project (don’t roll your eyes). With time on my hands (thanks to being unemployed), having a hobby helps me feel productive (and in all honesty, useful).

If I'm not looking for work and/or out networking, I work on a project to keep my mind and hands busy. I’m in the middle of embroidering dish towels (very old school but its therapeutic), I started this blog with my dear friend Jill, and, my latest “hobby” is making stuff animals out of old gloves (the picture is an example of what I’m trying to accomplish…it’s not my work…I have to give credit to Dr. Paul Broadman).

The patterns come from Miyako Kanamori and her book “Happy Gloves” (also the author of Sock and Glove). I’ve decided to make these very adorable stuffed animals and when I have a large quantity (more than one) I’ll box them up and deliver them to a local children’s organization or hospital. I am working on the details of where they can go - details to follow.

If you would like to help me with this project you can make some of these very cute “friends” on your own and mail them to me, or you can just send me your old gloves. I'll do everything else. I’m specifically in need gloves that are made of acrylic or another material that is elastic. If you send me gloves you no longer wear (this would be ideal since you will not be getting them back) I will make a “friend” and I will embroider your name on the finished product.

If you can donate please add a comment and I’ll send you my mailing address (if you don’t already have it).

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment