Friday, May 8, 2009

Good Health, by Janet

May is my month for my annual Doctor appointments (all the “girl” stuff). I schedule them in May in honor of my mom (Evelyn). She will be 76 years young in a few weeks. So having my annual appointments in May reminds me to celebrate another year with her and another year of good health (hopefully).

Today was my day, and as I’ve said, on Friday’s I will be doing other things (for me, my family, my friends, my church, or my community) besides hunt for work. I’m not sure this is how I wanted to spend my Friday, but I’m glad I did.

A highlight of my various appointments was that I had my mammogram at the new Invision Sally Jobe office. It’s a beautiful new office on Belleview just a mile east of I-25 (Greenwood Village, Co). Each step of the process during my appointment was handled professionally. From the check in, to getting my robe, to the beautiful changing and waiting rooms and the kind staff, it was a nice experience.

Make certain you have your mammogram every year (especially for those of us 40 and older) and if you can, I highly recommend that you go there – you’ll love it.

The lowlight was being told I’ve gained 8 pounds this past year. I blame that on being happily married.

Happy Friday, I’m out for a walk and to eat a rice cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment