Friday, April 24, 2009

Do Not Forget to Live, by Janet


As promised I’m taking today off to live a little and re-energize my soul (I need to check in with Jill to see if she is joining the “day off” plan and if so, what she is doing). Like you, I've been looking for work every day this week (networking, online searching, reviewing my resume, and following up to previous leads to get an interview) so my brain (and ego) deserve a break. If you don’t have any pressing matters, you should do the same!

I’m off to the health club to workout including some necessary sit-ups. Exercising is a good thing in life – regardless if you have a job or not - but for all of us seeking employment right now, adding the routine of daily exercise to our agenda is essential to maintaining good “mental” health. It is stressful looking for a job every day. You need to get outside and take a walk, run, attend a yoga class, get the bike out and take a spin around the neighborhood,or do something that gets you away from the computer, off the couch, or in my case, out of the refrigerator.

Once I’m done with my exercising, I’m off to do some personal errands (I will not bore you with the details of my ever so exciting life). Tonight it is an evening with Bonnie Brea pizza (yummy), fabulous wine, and a few laughs with my husband. He was in Dallas, Texas this week for work so catching up is in order.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment